"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

11/19/2011

Forever (Wolves of the Mercy Falls #3) - Maggie Stiefvater

O my god, I espected this book to be sooooooo good!!! (and it was)
Hell, I loved it (or at least most of it)


title: Forever
part of a series?: yes, Wolves of the Mercy Falls
author: Maggie Stiefvater


first of all, I must tell you that it totally L.O.V.E.  the cover, like all the covers of the books in this series. Also, I like the colour of the letters, which is red, my favourite :D


Summary of the book:
- spoilers if you did not read shiver and linger -
Sam is finally cured, and now Grace is changing. She is walking through the forests, in her wolf form. Sometimes she changes back, but never it's long enough to meet Sam. Also there still is Cole, figuring out a cure. The wolves are threathened, after they kill someone. They will all be shot soon. Will Sam and the others find a way to save the wolves, or will they all die?


my opinion:
- spoilers - 
I totally LOVED the book!! I love the wolves, and the way they think. I love the romance between Sam and Grace, and Isabelle and Cole. The book made me cry when I thought Cole died, which he (luckily) hadn't. It made me love Sam even more. It made me feel stupid, because Cole seemed so smart. It made me want to be a wolf, but only sometimes :)


Also, I love the way Maggie Stiefvater writes. It's a kind of poetic, but not very difficult to read. I really like all the parts of German poems she put in the book. I thought she did that because she was German, but after checking her site, I saw she was American...  (I tought she was German because of her surname, vater means father xD )


But, one thing totally ruined it, one of the most important things, the ending. That was so horrible. The ending of a trilogy, and you just don't know what will happen -.- I espected there'd be an ending in epilogue-form. Like it was at the Hunger Games and Harry Potter. ( I do not really like those endings, but I just want to know what happens to the main characters...) 
Do they get happily-ever-after or will Grace die? I am seriously dying to know it, but I will never know ;c


Altogether I will rate this book 4 stars 


one of the most amazing series I have ever read, and one of the worst endings. Loved it and I'm sure that I will re-read this book next year! Thanks for the awesome experience, Maggie Stiefvater! 


Can't wait to read her next series, the scorpio races!


x Margot-who-just-fell-in-love-with-the-wolves


sorry but I just had to post this blog message in the same colour as the book letters :$

No comments: