"Hi there and thanks a lot for visiting my blog. DFTBA!"

12/12/2011

The Host by Stephenie Meyer









book: the host


written by: Stephenie Meyer
# of pages, my version: 829 O.o
own / library / ebook ?
series: yes, the host series, #1
date of publication: May 6th, 2008
paperback / hardcover / ebook?



note:
I did not expect much of this book, because there was standing 'By the author of the twilight saga' but is was so much better!! Haters of twilight will likely not hate this book. I only started reading it because it is one of the books I own (No, I do not own a lot of books, sadly) and I did not regret my decision!!


The book:
SPOILER-FREE
the world is invaded by aliens. They have taken over almost every human, using them as hosts for themselves. They do nothing bad, they just take over their bodies. (Wait, that is bad...)
There is this female spirit, called wanderer. She goes to the planet earth, her 9th planet, and goes into the body of Melanie, one of the last humans on planet earth. Melanie is special, she cannot be supressed by Wanderer.
Wanderer has a mission. She has to find other human being, and bring them to her Seeker. Only Melanie does not agree on that. Together, Wanderer and Melanie move towards the desert, where they will find Jared and Jamie, lover and brother of Melanie.
They do almost die in the desert, but what happens after that...
I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU :P
sorry :) 


my opinion:
On the characters:
I like the creepy frienship-sisterlike thingy between Melanie and Wanderer
I LOVE IAN <3
TEAM IAN
TEAM IAN
TEAM IAN

TEAM IAN
TEAM IAN
...
and I want Jamie as my own brother, he seems so cute. No, wait, I want him as my boyfriend, since he and I are about the same age (A)
And, sorry Jared, Melanie, ... but I do NOT LIKE JARED
seriously, he sees his big love again, and her eyes are different and he hates her. (okay, I kinda get it, but -.-)
whatever...


on the way the book was written:
Great, normal english, not too easy or difficult, not too girly, 9/10


on the book:
Like this. Love/Hate relationships <3
Love most of the characters
and, this book kinda frightens me of aliens... :$ (fail, I know)


on the cover:
CREEPINESS!!! I do most certainly NOT like the cover. Also, this book wil sell a way better if they remove every twilight-ish thing from the cover. But they are right when they say : "never judge a book by its cover" !


so total:
I am going to give this book 4.3 stars / 5


SUPER SPOILER!
I loved the book, but I totally hate this kind of happy endings Stephenie Meyer writes. Too twilight-ish. Somewhere deep inside I think it would have been better if Wanda had died. But when she did not, I did feel kinda relieved she survived... 
(I'm a kinda tragedy person...)


extra: there's a the host movie coming up :)


Next review will be either:
1) Beautiful Chaos - Kami Garcia and Margareth Stohl
2) Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
HELP ME DECIDE, CUZ I CANNOT!!


xoxo Margot

No comments: